Friday, September 22, 2006

Spelunking

What is it about facing fears that makes you feel stronger?

Yesterday we went spelunking at a local cave. As some of you know, I am pretty claustrophobic. We have been to this cave many times and I have normally waited outside. Mister helped me go in two times before; I would get a little further every time. This time I made it to the back! TA went with me, and talked me through the several stops I made in order to turn back. I couldn't have made it that far without him.

Mister was talking to me before I went in and he reminded me that my fears were all mental. It is phenomenal what I could do when I gave those fears to the Lord. Granted, there was still that feeling of...well, that anxiety over being closed in. That physical tenseness was eased with my trusted friend near.

My friends clapped when I made it out...I love them.

How come having friends who believe you can do it make you believe that you can do it?

4 comments:

Dan Pilling said...

Great job!

Of couse there is the off chance that an earth quake will occur and collaps the cave. Or worse, just the entrance! :P

You did good!

Anonymous said...

ROFL, I'm glad you didn't talk to her prior to her trip to the cave, Dan... sheesh!
-JoelYrick

Miss Lydia said...

Go Molly!

Anonymous said...

Long time, no post. Weren't you going to post on your "corning" excitement?

JoelYrick