Monday, September 11, 2006

What I learned today

I learned something very interesting today. Tomato horn worms don't just eat tomato plants. We have some lovely flowers that only bloom at night (not surprisingly, they are called Moon Flowers). THWs like them too. Mom and I found 6 or so of those fat, tender little bugs on those plants and we smashed them. Well, Mom did the smashing, I did the pointing out.

I found a really cool animal paw today while I was mowing! Mom thinks it belonged to an opossum. It still has the skin on it! I also found half of it's jaw bone. When I told Dad I had found a paw, he asked how I knew it wasn't a ma ;)

On a more serious note, today is the 5th year after the 9/11 attacks on America. I heard a nice tribute song on the radio today and it really struck me how many people were affected by that event. I was 12 when they happened and I didn't fully grasp it (I guess not many truly did). Because I was so young I honestly didn't give it much thought. Now that I'm a bit older it's more devastating than my young mind thought. So many people...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess they'll hafta rename the worms, then!